Okay, so it's true, Darren has turned one (about 2 weeks ago, but hey, at least we posted pictures). Words cannot express how much we love this little guy. He is such a blessing to our lives. I don't know what we did before him... lots of TV I guess. Little things, like his smile can melt your heart and brighten up your day. I had no idea this parenthood thing would be so fullfilling (and crazy, tiring, & exhausting, but that's for another post). I love being a mom and I know Mark loves being a dad.
Back to his birthday. We celebrated with a picnic of family and some friends. It was so much fun. I think Darren had a blast too.
Darren did experience the cake. I made him a cake - made with sugar free icing and applesauce instead of oil. Yes, I'm one of THOSE moms. I don't know if he liked the way it tasted (see earlier comment) but he loved the texture of it. He kept squeezing it through his fingers and rubbing it on his face.




No comments:
Post a Comment